Red Rot is one of the strongest negative effects that the main character can face. Elden Ring. However, you can use this effect to deal extra damage to your enemies. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Red Rot in-game.
Elden Ring Guides
- Complete Elden Ring Walkthrough: Defeat all bosses, find all golden seeds, teardrops, best weapons and Ashes of War (updated)
- Guide to co-op play in Elden Ring. How to play multiplayer with other players
- Beginner’s Guide Elden Ring. How to create a character, upgrade your weapons, complete missions, summon ghosts, get Ashes of War and other useful tips
- Where to find blacksmiths in Elden Ring. Why do you need and how can you raise the level of stones of darkness?
- Where to find and how to get all the tears in Elden Ring. How to improve flasks in the game (updated)
- Guide to where to find a horse and how to get a horse in Elden Ring. How to control a horse and use a mount in boss battles
- What are runes for in Elden Ring: how to quickly get a large number of runes
- Where to find “Spirit Ashes” for summoning creatures in Elden Ring: which scrolls are the strongest and how to use them (updated)
- Why do you need tailoring tools and a sewing needle in Elden Ring? Where to find these items and how to use them in the game
- Best performance settings in Elden Ring: how to increase FPS and keep beautiful graphics
- The best starting item in Elden Ring. Which relic to choose
- Where to find Ranny in Elden Ring. How to activate her task and whether it is worth serving the witch?
- Where to find the Staff of the Demihuman Queen and the Meteor Staff in Elden Ring
- How to find and exit the Round Table Keep in Elden Ring. Where is the blacksmith, how to buy weapons and sword keys?
- Where to find the legendary weapon Darkmoon Two-hander in Elden Ring and get the secret ending
- Guide to quick leveling in Elden Ring – how to edit endless runes at the beginning of the game
- What are the four bell towers in Elden Ring for? How to find all saturated sword keys
- How to find all the golden seeds in Elden Ring. How to increase the number of cobs and properly distribute them?
- How to reset skill level in Elden Ring. Why do we need tears from the larva and where can we find them?
- Where to find the wolf at Siofra’s River Spring in Elden Ring. How to get Bladed’s armor
- How to find the two pieces of the medallion and activate the Elden Ring elevators. How to solve the puzzle in the liturgical city?
- Where to go and how to continue the story after defeating the Fire Giant in Elden Ring
- How to find all the merchants in Elden Ring. Who to sell things to, how to buy weapons, armor, xiphoid keys, runic bows and tears of the larva
- How to help Roderica find dolls and make her a merchant in Elden Ring. Where’s the doll in Thunder Veil Castle?
- How to complete the Tomb of the Outskirts Hero dungeon in Elden Ring. How to get the “Grace of the Tree of Erd” talisman to increase health and stamina
What is Red Rot?
Red Rot is a status effect that applies to all characters in the game. It can occur during attacks from certain enemies, as well as through contact with the surface of the red swamps. It doesn’t kill instantly, but it imposes a negative effect for a period of time, dealing a lot of damage.
Red rot gradually builds up – the process can be tracked on the scale that appears in the center of the screen. When this happens, the hero’s health will begin to decrease until the scale is reduced to zero. In order not to waste precious flasks on restoring vitality, use pills or spells
How To Make Red Rot Pills. Where to find the prescription for pills, spells and special armor
The most effective way of protecting against red rot is protective pills. You can buy them from a merchant, which is located near the place of mercy “Wilds of the North Path of the Starry Wastes”. We have marked the exact location on the map.
You can also check out the guide where we described the location of all the traders in the game.
Preservatives can be found in the open world of Elden Ring. For example, you can find 5 pills near the Rot Shack.
You can also make these pills yourself. This requires: Gunsmith’s Handbook (6) You can find it near the place of grace “Deep of the river source of Siofra” which is underground. View our screenshots.
To prepare the protective pills you will need:
- Crystal cave moss (1 piece);
- Dew-covered grass (2 pieces);
- Sacred button (1 piece).
Crystal Sacred Moss can be found in Stillwater Cave. We have marked the location on the map.
Dewgrass grows in underground sites – in Nokron, on the banks of the Siofra River and in the Mogvin Palace. You will visit these places when you complete Rennie’s quest. We’ve talked about it in a separate guide.
The sacred knob can be found near the Gelmir Volcano, which is located near the Vulcan Manor. Also, a sacred bud grows near the Temple of the Plague. Below we have indicated where it is located.
If you play as a mage, you can learn the spell “Flame, Purge me of Filth”. It slows the spread of poison and red rot. You will find the scroll you need near the Temple of the Oath. View the screenshots.
Using special armor
If you want to slow down the buildup of Red Rot, use the Mushroom Armor set. The armor is in a cave, which is located on the banks of the Boiling River. To open it, you need the Sword Key. You can buy it from merchants, which we talked about in a separate guide. The location of the desired cave is marked on the map.
Mushroom armor lies next to a huge flower.
How to use Red Rot to damage enemies
If desired, you can poison mobs and bosses that are not immune to this effect with Red Rot. The easiest option is to use Rotten Melee Grease and a Pot of Rot as the throwing object. You will receive recipes for their creation from Nomad Warrior Handbook (22) You will find it near the Great Monastery, a place of grace. You have to go to the other side of the red lake.
If you’re playing as archer, use rotting bone arrows. The recipe needed to make them is sold by the nomad merchant, who is located west of the arena at Radan.
To make Rotten Grease, Pot of Rot, and Putrid Bone Arrows, you’ll need Eonia Butterflies. They are knocked out of the basilisks that live in Lake Rot.
You can also use an allied ghost to use Red Rot. The ashes of a rotting stray dog will do the job perfectly. We have marked the location of the axis on the map.
There are eight weapons in the game that apply Red Rot status to enemies. But there is no point in talking about them in detail – almost all of them are too slow and not very effective. The only exception is Antthorn rapier She has a high attack speed and decent damage. Plus, you can fortify it with the Ashes of War. To get this weapon, go to the point indicated on the map. Defeat the red ghost and take the rapier from his body.
severe red rot To get this enchantment, you must defeat Malenia. The boss’s soul can be exchanged for a spell in the Round Table Keep with the old woman sitting next to Two Fingers.
rotten breath You can buy it at the Dragon Community Cathedral. The location is marked on the map. You need a heart that can be knocked out by any dragon.
Rotting Exiques A stronger version of the previous spell. To get it, you need to kill the dragon, which is located north of the cathedral.
Armor and talismans
If you plan to use Red Rot often in battle, we recommend paying attention to the “Mushroom Helm” and the “Triumph of Red Rot” talisman. They increase your attack by 20 seconds each time your hero or enemy is affected by rot.
You can find the talisman in the Cave of the Boiling River. It falls from the dungeon boss. The exact location of this location is marked on the map. We talked about the Mushroom Helmet earlier in this article.
Source: VG Times
Barbara Dickson is a seasoned writer for “Social Bites”. She keeps readers informed on the latest news and trends, providing in-depth coverage and analysis on a variety of topics.