Every roadshrine in the remake Resident Evil 4 is a chest that can only be opened with a special key. In this guide, we tell you where to find the key to the old chapel, how to find all five shrines and what’s inside.
Guides for Resident Evil 4
Each of these chests contains a relic that can be sold. Unlike locked chests that you will also find while playing the game, chests require a unique item to open – Old Wayshrine Key. Once you have it, you can open any shrine and take the treasure, insert more gems to increase the value, or just sell it to the merchant.
Where to find the “Key of the old chapel”
In the fourth chapter, you explore the Mural Cave. You need to find two stone heads to find the key and open the church. When you exit the cave to travel to the two mission-marked locations, you will find a small temple with a chest inside.
It contains the “Old Chapel Key”, which can be used to open one of the wooden chapels in the village. Just go to the Wayshrine and select the key to open it and take what’s inside.
The shrines are roughly in the order you can find them in the game, although you’ll find several of them before you get the key, forcing you to go back and collect treasure. Make sure you unlock all the wayshrines at the end of chapter 6, as you won’t be able to go back to any part of the village after chapter 7 or later.
Wayshrine on the farm
- Reward: Old pipe (antique pipe);
- Place: The first Wayshrine is located on the farm after the village square. Look around the north side of the barn to find it.
Village road on the lake
- Reward: Pearl Bracelet (Pearl Bangle);
- Place: Ahead is an area full of bear traps and dynamite-throwing villagers, the lakeside settlement. Find a small cave with a shrine in it.
Wayshrine in a quarry
- Reward: Butterfly lamp;
- Place: The quarry connects the church and the area of the lake where the merchant’s shop is located. On the road between the quarry and the merchant you will find this way-shrine.
West Lake Cave Wayshrine
- Reward: Beautiful bracelet;
- Place: This area has no official name, but if you take a boat to the westernmost point of the caves, you will find a small piece of land with a shrine there.
Wayshrine at checkpoint
- Reward: Elegant Headdress (Elegant Headdress);
- Place: On the way to the castle you will find a checkpoint where you will fight two chainsaw sisters (Chainsaw Sisters). Enter the house and go upstairs. Go to the southwest exit to the last wayshrine.
- How to find all the little keys of locked drawers in Resident Evil 4 (2023)
- How to get all the achievements (awards, achievements) in Resident Evil 4 – a guide to get “platinum”
Source: VG Times
Christina Moncayo is a contributing writer for “Social Bites”. Her focus is on the gaming industry and she provides in-depth coverage of the latest news and trends in the world of gaming.