The Argentina coach confirmed the tricolor names for the double at the end of the month.
The Colombian Football Federationannounced through its official social networks this Monday night the list of players called up for the two friendlies of the March FIFA date, which will be played in Asia against Korea and Japan.
La Tricolor will play South Korea in Ulsan next Friday, March 24, and Japan in Osaka on Tuesday, March 28. Prior to that, Lorenzo had a payroll led by the referees James Rodríguez, Radamel Falcao Garcia and Juan Fernando Quinterosupplemented with new talents such as Nelson Palacio and Kevin Castaño.
Due to an injury sustained at Racing, striker Johan Carbonero was dissatisfied with the call. According to the medical report, the player suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and so far Lorenzo’s coaching staff has not reported a new call-up to replace him.
The Federation also reported the absence of Jefferson Lerma due to an injury to Bournemoth in the most recent Premier League game against Aston Villa. Midfielder Yilmar Velásquez from Pereira was called up in his place.
Meanwhile, Barranquilla’s version of an ankle discomfort emerged from Juan Fernando Quintero that would take him out of tonight’s game against Santa Fe and also keep him out of the Tricolor squad.
Which post did you like the most?
Called up from Colombia for the friendlies against South Korea and Japan
- Alexis Perez, Giresunspor (TUR)
- Alvaro Montero, Millionaires FC (COL)
- Camilo Vargas, Atlas FC (MEX)
- Carlos Cuesta, KRC Genk (BEL)
- Daniel Munoz, KRC Genk (BEL)
- Davinson Sanchez, Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
- Deiver Machado, RC lens (FRA)
- Devis Vasquez, AC Milan (ITA)
- Diego Valoyes, CA Workshops (ARG)
- Dylan Borrero, New England Revolution (USA)
- Falcao Garcia, Rayo Vallecano (ESP)
- James Rodriguez, Olympiacos FC (GRE)
- John Arias, Fluminense (BRA)
- Jhon Jader Duran, Aston Villa (ENG)
- Jhon Lucumi, Bologna FC (ITA)
- Juan David Mosquera, Portland Timbers (USA)
- Juan Fernando Quintero, Junior FC (COL)
- Johan Mojica, Villarreal CF (ESP)
- Jorge Carrascal, CSKA Moscow (RUS)
- Kevin Castano, Golden Eagles (COL)
- Matheus Uribe, FC Porto (POR)
- Nelson Palacio, National Athletic (COL)
- Rafael Santos Borre, Eintracht Frankfurt (ALE)
- Yilmar Velasquez, Deportivo Pereira (COL)
Gregory Robert is a sports aficionado and a writer for “Social Bites”. He provides in-depth coverage of the latest sporting events and trends, offering a unique and knowledgeable perspective on the world of sports.