The team led by Louis van Gaal will try to continue first in their area against the host, who has already been eliminated from the Asian tournament.
to land Low Y Qatar They meet this Tuesday at the Al Bayt Stadium for the third date of Group A of the 2022 World Cup. The team led by Louis van Gaal will look to seal a win to advance to the next round first in its area after equalizing in the last match day 1-1 against Ecuador, a result that condemned the host who, by the way, was eliminated first at the Asian fair after losing the opening game against Tricolor (0-2) and leaned towards 1-3 against Senegal.
- The Netherlands has won all four World Cup matches against Asian teams, scoring 11 goals and only conceding one goal. This is their first meeting with Qatar in any competition.
- This is the Netherlands’ fourth FIFA World Cup match against a host nation: they lost the 1974 and 1978 finals to Germany and Argentina respectively, before beating Brazil in a third-place play-off finish in 2014.
- In 1978 alone (2-3 against Scotland), the Netherlands lost the last group match at the FIFA World Cup (excluding the second group stage), winning four and drawing three.
- Qatar has lost both 2022 World Cup matches; no host nation has lost three matches in a single edition of the tournament.
- The Netherlands have scored with three of four shots on target in the 2022 World Cup, though they only did so with one in the 1-1 draw with Ecuador. Their lowest number of shots on target in a World Cup group stage since 1966 is 10 in 1990.
- The hosts have won their last group stage match in five of the last six World Cups (including Japan and South Korea as joint hosts in 2002), losing only Russia 3-0 to Uruguay in 2018 in the other.
- The Netherlands had just two shots on target in their 1–1 draw with Ecuador on matchday 2; it is the lowest number of shots by a European country in a World Cup match since records have been set (since 1966).
- Qatar conceded five goals in the group stage – no hosts have ever conceded more in a single group stage, and South Africa also conceded five in 2010.
- Cody Gakpo has been involved in at least one goal in his last five appearances for the Netherlands in all competitions (4 goals, 1 assist). Gakpo has been involved in 34 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions for his team and country this season, scoring 16 goals and assisting 18 others.
- Cody Gakpo has given the Netherlands a 1-0 lead in his two World Cup matches in 2022. Only three players have ever scored in three consecutive World Cup appearances for the Netherlands: Johan Neeskens (1974), Dennis Bergkamp (1994) and Wesley Sneijder (2010).
The clash between tulips and Qataris can only be seen in Chile on the signal of Directv Sports -610 (SD) – 1610 (HD) – and online via the platform Direct GO. Remember that you can only register with Mastercard or Visa credit cards (domestic or international). Digital or prepaid cards are not accepted.
If you are a DIRECTV satellite customer, you do not need to create a new access account, as you can enter the platform with the credentials associated with MiDIRECTV.
Which post did you like the most?
Thanks for voting
The results will appear shortly.
Which post did you like the most?
Gregory Robert is a sports aficionado and a writer for “Social Bites”. He provides in-depth coverage of the latest sporting events and trends, offering a unique and knowledgeable perspective on the world of sports.