The Kursk region has been subjected to more than 1.9 thousand shellings by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) since the beginning of Russia’s military operation in Ukraine. This was announced by the regional governor Roman Starovoyt at an operational meeting of the regional government. TASS.
The governor told the meeting that two shellings were recorded in the Kursk region in the last 24 hours and in the first eight days of 2024-41.
“And counting everything since the beginning of the special military operation, the territory of the Kursk region has been bombed by Ukraine 1,906 times,” he said.
Starovoit noted that 76 regional citizens have been injured as a result of Ukrainian shelling since the end of February 2022.
January 7 reportedIt was stated that the village of Kozino in the Kursk region came under fire by the Ukrainian Armed Forces and as a result, the village was partially left without electricity.
Previously in Russia was created new drone suppression system.