madridists Karin Benzema Y Thibaut Courtois, together Kevin DeBruyneManchester City’s Belgian midfielder last three nominations for the award player of the year UEFA 2021/22.
French striker Benzema was named Player of the Season for the 2021/22 UEFA Champions League, a trophy awarded to him prior to the European Super Cup dispute in Helsinki, thanks to 15 goals scored in a competition that upgraded his gear.
Belgian goalkeeper Courtois conquered the Spanish League with Real Madrid and became the Man of the Match with very valuable interventions against Liverpool in the Champions League final.
De Bruyne, who was among the last three nominations for the third season in a row, Named Premier League Player of the Season after leading City to another local titleHe is the fourth in his seven seasons with the English club.
From a list of top 15 players drawn up by a UEFA technical working group, the final three nominees were selected by a jury consisting of: clubs participating in the UEFA Champions League group stage, UEFA Europa League and UEFA European Conference League 2021/22; and a group of journalists selected by the European Sports Media (ESM).
Jury members chose the three best players, the first received five points, the second three and the third. Coaches were not allowed to vote for players from their own team.
Other players in the list of 15 people were as follows:
4. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern, now at Barcelona and Poland), with 54 points.
5. Luka Modrić (Real Madrid and Croatia), with 52 points.
6. Sadio Mané (Liverpool, now at Bayern and Senegal), with 51 points.
7. Mohammed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt), with 46 points.
8. Kylian Mbappé (Paris Saint-Germain and France), with 25 points.
9. Vinícius Junior (Real Madrid and Brazil), with 21 points.
10. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool and Netherlands), 19 points.
11. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal), with 7 points.
12. Filip Kostić (Eintracht Frankfurt and Serbia), with 7 points.
13. Lorenzo Pellegrini (Rome and Italy), with 5 points.
14. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool and England), 2 points.
15. Fabinho (Liverpool and Brazil), 1 point.