The illusion of the Argentina national team in the South American Sub 20 was between a rock and a hard place. Although the defeat to Brazil was a possibility in the previous one, it was compounded by the loss to Paraguay in the debut and especially because, without overwhelming superiority, they seemed to have their rival under control until the three key moments of the first half that made it determined game.
With eight minutes left and little happening, Génez failed to clear away quickly, Gómez Gerth recovered in the middle and Biro took the opportunity to open the scoring. The chances of the tie could not be beaten, as Julián Fernández was brought down in the penalty area, but Gino Infantino couldn’t with Mycael. And a few minutes later, with the Albiceleste looking for squandered equality, Santos came into speed between the central defenders and defined the cross.
With the undeserved 0-2, Mascherano understood that he had to move the bench and with Nicolás Paz he found clarity in the game concept, but he missed the final blow. Played too much, five minutes from the end, Di Lollo’s penalty hit Vitor Roque, who didn’t miss from 12 paces. Finally, Maxi González got the head discount for a 3-1 that hurts and forces to not only win the remaining two, but also wait for a hand from Brazil itself against Colombia on Wednesday.
Colombia 2023 South American Under 20: fixtures, positions, groups and qualification for the World Cup
next in TARGETthe party’s actions.
ARGENTINA – BRAZIL, GOALS AND MINUTE BY MINUTE
- The clash between Albiceleste and Canarinha, minute by minute.
- ARGENTINE GOAL! The Albiceleste discount comes with the head deflection of Maximiliano González
- GOAL FOR BRAZIL! Penalty from Di Lollo against Vitor Roque and goal from 9 himself to make it 3-0
- GOAL FOR BRAZIL! Santos pierced the defense through the center and defined the cross
- GOAL FOR BRAZIL! Loss at the start, rebound to the middle by Gómez Gerth and Biro makes it 1-0
- And so goes the Scratch
- With five changes in the line-up, that’s how Mascherano’s team goes
- Good afternoon and welcome to another broadcast of GOAL. Argentina will take on Brazil in a match corresponding to the group stage of the Su-20 South American Championship at the Pascual Guerrero Stadium.
THE TARGET EXAMPLE
HOW TO WATCH LIVE ON TV AND STREAMING
The game can be seen on television in Argentina via television TyC Sports and in Colombia before Snail.
The match can be followed via streaming TyC Sports Play in Argentina and in play snail for Columbia.
It is TyC Sports’ digital platform where you can enjoy multiple live and on-demand broadcasts of your favorite sports, exclusive events and TyC Sports’ live signal 24 hours a day wherever you are.
Federico Gomez Gerth; Agustín Giay, Lautaro Di Lollo, Valentin Gómez, Nahuel Génez; Maximo Perrone, Maximiliano Gonzalez, Nico Paz; Ignacio Maestro Puch, Julián Fernández and Brian Aguirre. DT: Javier Mascherano.
Mycael; Arthur, Jean, Robert, Patrick; Andrey, Alexsander, Marlon Gomes, Guilherme Biro; Giovane and Vitor Roque. DT: Ramon Menezes.
Gregory Robert is a sports aficionado and a writer for “Social Bites”. He provides in-depth coverage of the latest sporting events and trends, offering a unique and knowledgeable perspective on the world of sports.