Israel agrees to a daily pause in fighting in northern Gaza

No time to read?
Get a summary

White House National Security Council (NSC) Strategic Communications Coordinator John Kirby said Israel will begin organizing daily four-hour humanitarian pauses in some areas of the northern Gaza Strip. Relevant statement o made in an online briefing.

A White House spokesman said the announcement about such pauses would be made three hours in advance. The Israeli side informed the USA that there would be no military operations in these regions during these pauses and stated that “this process will begin on Thursday, November 9.”

Israel’s former far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir statedHe said Israel should not send humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip until the hostages are released, only “hundreds of tons of air force explosives.”

The situation in the Middle East has worsened since thousands of Hamas militants infiltrated Israel from the Gaza Strip on October 7. More than two hundred hostages were captured.

On this day, Hamas launched thousands of rockets into Israel and announced the start of Operation Al Aqsa Flood. In response, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that the country was at war.

The Israel Defense Forces operation was called “Iron Swords” and one of its goals was the destruction of Hamas. Israeli air forces launched strikes against hundreds of Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip, and Israel’s National Security Council decided to cut off water, food, supplies, electricity and fuel supplies to the strip.

Previously in Russia in the name Possible date for the end of Israel’s war with Hamas.

No time to read?
Get a summary
Previous Article

The star of “The Improvisers” expressed his support for “Spartak” in three words

Next Article

The former star of “Ural Meatballs” defended women who were criticized for not having children