Washington has expanded its sanctions list to include three leading Iranian media outlets. This situation was officially reported Web site US Treasury Department.
As stated in the statement, restrictions were imposed on Fars and Tasnim news agencies. Additionally, the Press TV channel was also subject to restrictions.
The sanctions also affected 25 Iranian citizens and the company of Yaftar Pazhohan Pishtaz Rayanesh. The latter is doing research in the field of computer technology, as stated in the message.
September 14, European Union (EU) foreign policy chief Josep Borrell statedHe said that the governments of the UK and Germany do not intend to lift restrictions on Iran after October 18. The diplomat added that French authorities also made an appropriate decision.
As he noted, the foreign ministers of these states had previously sent him official letters regarding the implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). In them, the department heads said they were convinced that Tehran had not fulfilled its obligations over the past four years.
Earlier, US State Department spokesman Matthew Miller statedHe said the White House would closely monitor the actions of Iranian officials following the freezing of $6 billion worth of the country’s assets.