Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu This Saturday, he repeated threats against Lebanon, a country that will be “destroyed” if the Hezbollah militia party engages in a full-scale war with Israel.
“We will restore security in the north and south. If Hezbollah makes a mistake and enters into a large-scale war“He destroyed Lebanon with his own hands” Netanyahu said in his televised speech:
“We are acting against all Hezbollah’s attempts against us in the north. We are destroying terrorist cells, removing them from the border, destroying ammunition. We will continue our way with strong deterrence in the north and total victory in the south.” he explained. .
Regarding the Gaza Strip, Netanyahu argued that the only way to achieve the goal of destroying the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) was to invade the region by land, and emphasized that the offensive would continue “until the end.”
“We will do everything possible to bring (the hostages) home.“To complete the mission, but also to destroy Hamas and ensure that Hamas never poses a threat to us again and that no group threatens Israel from Gaza,” he added.
“I say it simply and clearly: We will continue the war until we achieve all our goals (…). There is no other way to achieve these goals than to win, there is no other way to win. Land invasion,” he defended.
Netanyahu emphasized that 110 hostages have been released so far, including 86 Israeli civilians, children, women and the elderly. “I had a very difficult time with this decision, wondering how to negotiate with the devil who murders, kidnaps and rapes. But at that moment I knew we could save dozens of lives. We saved many, but the mission was not yet completed,” he emphasized.
In fact, Netanyahu condemned Hamas’ failure to allow the International Committee of the Red Cross to visit the hostages, as stated in the ceasefire agreement.
Regarding his allies’ stance, Netanyahu acknowledged that “there is international pressure” but maintained that Israel had the space to continue the war until it achieved its goals.
Netanyahu was questioned about the press conference held by Defense Minister Yoav Gallant this Saturday and explained that he suggested that it be a joint meeting, but he rejected it.
Regarding the death of an Israeli civilian who prevented the attack as a result of fire opened by a soldier, Netanyahu said that he was saddened by this “tragic event” but argued that “more armed civilians can be saviors in such times.”