Attacks on Energodar by the Armed Forces of Ukraine continue, the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant is put into emergency mode. This was stated by the head of the administration of Energodar Alexander Volga, whose words were quoted. TASS.
“As a result of the decrease in power output, the nuclear power plant went into a small emergency mode, the fifth power unit is currently disconnected from the power supply, reconstruction is underway, the sixth power unit is operating normally,” Volga said.
He also spoke about the ongoing attacks on Energodar by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. According to him, the fire is mainly carried out in social facilities located on the territory of the city.
“Many strikes occurred in the immediate vicinity, and shells hit the thermal power plant, which is located in close proximity and is part of the nuclear power plant,” said the head of the administration.
According to him, from 8 to 12 people from the International Atomic Energy Agency mission, arriving at ZNPP on September 1, will remain on the station. Heading the delegation, Rafael Grossi, President of the IAEA, had previously saidThey said they had seen enough and started to make an initial assessment of the situation at the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant.