In recent years, in the plants They have become an unstoppable trend. And it’s not surprising, because They are not just an easy and cheap way to decorate our homeat the same time we help purify the air and create a more comfortable and inviting environment. In this sense, one of the most popular herbs is ficus lyrataA ficus species that has become the favorite of both interior designers and hobby gardeners.
even Celebrities like Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have ficus lyrata in their Santa Barbara home.making it an even more popular trend. If you are looking for an easy and cheap way, decorate your home with floors Ficus lyrata can be a great option for you indoors.
The homeland of Ficus lyrata is Africa and is characterized by large green leaves in the shape of a violin.Capable of measuring up to 45 cm in length. It is not surprising that these leaves, which grow in dense panicles, give the plant such an elegant and exotic appearance, that it has gained so many admirers.
How to care for ficus lyrata: an excellent indoor plant for beginners
One of the things that stands out most about the Ficus lyrata is its ease of care. Although it is a tropical plant, it does not require very special care and is highly resistant to pests and diseases commonly seen in indoor plants. Just follow a few simple tips to keep him healthy and happy:
- Light: Although it needs a good amount of light, ficus lyrata does not tolerate direct sunlight. Ideally, place it away from windows that get plenty of natural light, but not direct sunlight.
- Heat: This plant is a Warm and constant temperature between 18ºC and 24ºC. Do not expose to drafts or very low temperatures as this may affect its growth.
- Irrigation: This is important do not overload the plant’s soil with waterbecause this can cause the roots to rot. Ficus lyrata needs moderate watering, which allows the substrate to dry out a bit between watering and watering. While it is sufficient to water once a week in winter, it may be necessary to increase the frequency of irrigation in summer.
- substrate: Prefers Ficus lyrata well-drained, nutrient-rich substrate. Mixing peat, coconut fiber and vermicompost in equal parts is a good option.
- pests: Like all plants, ficus lyrata can be attacked by pests such as red spider mite or mealybug.. To prevent them, it is important to maintain adequate humidity in the environment and not expose the plant to extreme temperatures. If pests appear, there are special products on the market to effectively combat them.
Ficus lyrata: indoor plant that helps clean the air in your home
Ficus lyrata is versatile in decorating any space as well as being an easy-care plant.. Its exotic and elegant look makes it the perfect option to add personality to any room, from the living room to the office. And not only that, but also It is also a very beneficial herb for our health as it helps to clean the air and reduce stress.
In short, ficus lyrata is a magnificent indoor plant that has won many admirers thanks to its beauty and ease of care. If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to decorate your home, this plant may be the perfect option for you. You just need to follow a few simple care tips and enjoy its exotic and elegant beauty.
Barbara Dickson is a seasoned writer for “Social Bites”. She keeps readers informed on the latest news and trends, providing in-depth coverage and analysis on a variety of topics.