Sony has announced a full remaster of the post-apocalyptic action game The Last of Us: Part 2. The company has already published the first trailer, which shows updated graphics.
The project has only been presented for PlayStation 5 so far. Features include not only graphical improvements, but also other innovations.
Features of The Last of Us: Part 2 Remastered:
- Updated graphics – increased texture resolution, improved shadows and environmental details;
- Accelerated downloads;
- New control functions on the DualSense controller;
- Additional game mode “No Return”. It is made in bagel size. Players will have to survive fierce battles with opponents and bosses. This mode features a global leaderboard and rewards (skins and new playable characters) based on how far the player can get;
- Redesigned photo mode with new features;
- Fast pass mode as in The Last of Us Part 1;
- Free guitar playing mode. In it you can change your character, choose a location and discover new musical instruments.
- A series of levels that never made it into the original The Last of Us: Part 2 for various reasons. In addition, commentaries from people who participated in the project, including Neil Druckmann and Troy Baker, will be available. , Ashley Johnson , Halley Gross and Laura Bailey;
- Gamers who have already purchased the original The Last of Us: Part 2 can upgrade to the remastered version for just $10 (about 893 rubles). In this case, you can transfer your saved data and receive all additional content.
In addition to the digital version of the remaster, the developers will also release the game on physical media in the form of a special edition: WLF Edition. It includes a patch, 47 Society of Champions cards, an exclusive steelbook and unique pins.
The Last of Us: Part 2 Remastered will be released on January 19, 2024 for PS5. Pre-orders open on December 5. Our review of the original game can be found here.
😐 Snoop Dogg opens his own game development studio
Source: VG Times
Christina Moncayo is a contributing writer for “Social Bites”. Her focus is on the gaming industry and she provides in-depth coverage of the latest news and trends in the world of gaming.