After the release of update 2.0 and add-ons Phantom Liberty has many new weapons in Night City. Among them there are both firearms and high-tech knives that allow you to kill opponents in close combat. Our guide will show you where to find unique and legendary weapons Cyberpunk 2077.
Iconic and legendary items in Cyberpunk 2077
It’s impossible to call a single weapon in Cyberpunk 2077 the best. Much depends on your tactics and installed implants. In this article we talked about the most interesting representatives of various classes, from knives and swords to long-range sniper rifles. If Phantom Liberty is in brackets, such a weapon is only available in Dog City. Players who have not yet purchased the expansion will not be able to get there.
New features of iconic weapons from the original Cyberpunk 2077
In update 2.0, some weapons received new features. Full list:
- “Comrade’s Hammer” There is one explosive cartridge in the clip, which causes massive damage. Can be charged with a successful melee attack. This is extremely useful as a standard magazine change takes a lot of time.
- “Archangel”. Fires at the speed of a submachine gun, deals 200% damage when headshotting enemies, has a 25% chance of penetrating armor and a 20% chance of causing a shock. Successful shots can take down an enemy.
- “Ba Xinchun.” Now it has become a rocket launcher with explosive shells and huge damage.
- “La Chingona Dorada.” Each hit on an enemy restores ammo to the clip. Hitting an enemy in the head increases the chance of burns and the amount of critical damage.
- “The Fading of the Night.” Shots fired while moving do more damage and have a chance of shocking the enemy. Butt hits enemies with electricity. — receives a damage boost while moving and can shock opponents. This gun also deals concussion damage during close combat.
- “Satoria.” In addition to all the standard bonuses for this weapon, a high chance of bleeding has been added.
Katanas, swords, clubs and knives can only be used in close combat. Cyberpunk 2077 lets you take out many enemies at close range, especially if your melee weapon has perks that weaken, set fire to, or make enemies bleed.
Mes Nihan (Cyberpunk 2077 2.0)
- Oddities: causes bleeding, restores the main character’s health as the enemy’s vitality scale decreases.
- How to get one: During the story mission “Pass to the Major League” you must search the corpse of Saburo Arasaka. We have a separate guide dedicated to completing Cyberpunk 2077’s main missions.
Errata’s Thermal Katana (Cyberpunk 2077 2.0)
- Oddities: 25% armor penetration, 30% burn chance. If you manage to set the enemy on fire, all subsequent attacks will be critical. Adds an extra benefit in the form of jumping at enemies from a great distance, just like in the trailer.
- How to get one: during the mission “Malfunction” from the main storyline of Cyberpunk 2077. The katana will be on the edge of the electric oven. If you’ve progressed and failed to pick up this weapon, you can purchase it from black market merchants in Dog City.
Blade Fang (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 50% bonus damage for attacks to the head, 30% chance of bleeding, hits on the same body part cause more damage…
- How to get one: During the Firestarter mission, if you decide to help Reed capture Songbird, Colonel Hansen will come out to meet you and throw this knife. Just pick it up.
Baton Murphy’s Law (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 50% armor penetration, 20% chance of bleeding, stunning, or shock. Attacking enemies that are being knocked down increases your attack speed.
- How to get one: If you help Songbird escape during the Firestarter mission, you will have to fight some criminals. Their lieutenant will be armed with this baton. You can take it from the corpse.
Agau Bijl (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddity: Critical attacks create electrical waves that can damage multiple enemies at once.
- How to get one: kill Ayo Zarin, who is hiding in the voodoo hideout, and take the ax from his corpse.
Gwynblade Sword (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: After quickly killing an enemy, all subsequent attacks in the series will be critical. Additionally, the sword deals extra damage to bosses.
- How to get one: have a digital version on one Steam or GOG account the third “The Witcher” (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt), Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty.
Pistols and revolvers
Pistols can be used as a secondary weapon at short and medium ranges. Always pull out your revolver and fire a few shots, rather than reloading your main weapon in the heat of battle. However, with the right upgrades, no one will bother you to make the gun your main argument during a gunfight.
Revolver Gris-Gris (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% increase in headshot damage, 50% armor penetration. When fully charged, fire multiple shots in a row and hack the enemy with any virus. The effectiveness depends on your own hacking skills.
- How to get one: at the beginning of the mission “The Damned”, after entering the facility, you will see a door with graffiti in the shape of a skull. Open it and check the contents of the suitcase.
Energy Pistol Majesty (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% more headshot damage. Built-in silencer. When optical camouflage is activated, the gun gains perfect accuracy, damage increases and the chance of headshots is 100% higher.
- How to get one: During the ‘Get It Together’ mission you will be next to the armory under the Moth bar. The gun is in the weapons box.
Energy revolver Bald Eagle (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% bonus on headshots, 75% armor penetration, shoots explosive bullets.
- How to get one: In the Firestarter mission, you agree to help Reed capture Songbird and then kill Colonel Hansen. The revolver can be recovered from his corpse.
Energy submachine gun Erebus (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 100% extra damage for headshots, 25% armor penetration. Shots become more effective when enemies’ health is still low.
- This is how you get a drawing: During the mission “Somewhat damaged and this corrosion” in the lower part of the building you need to hack the terminals, go to the cafeteria and enter the maintenance room. To open the door, you must supply electricity. The corresponding panel is located in the nearby warehouse. And to obtain the materials to craft this weapon, you must complete the quest “This Corrosion”.
Pistol of Ambition (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% more damage when shooting heads, chance to blind target on hit. If you succeed, subsequent shots will be even more effective.
- How to get one: complete the additional task ‘Go your own way’.
Pistol Rogue (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% bonus on headshots, 50% armor penetration, charged shots do triple damage.
- How to get one: In the Firestarter mission you must help Songbird escape and kill anyone who tries to stop you. Then search his corpse.
Energy pistol Cheetah (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddity: Do more damage if you hit the body.
- How to get one: kill and search Angie’s body during the side mission “No Easy Exit”.
Roscoe’s energy revolver (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 150% bonus to headshots, 25% armor penetration, critical attacks do 50% more damage. Hitting the heads of downed opponents always results in critical shots. To take down an enemy, shoot him in the legs or hit him with a baton
- How to get one: During the Waiting For Dodger mission, kill this man and take the revolver from his body.
Smart pistol Ogou (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 50% bonus on main hits, 25% armor penetration, critical shots do 50% more damage. Each shot has a high chance of causing disfigurement. If this happens, the chance of critical damage and bleeding increases greatly.
- How to get one: During the mission “Treating Symptoms” you destroy the heavy robot R MK2 and search it.
Manchenella Energy Revolver (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 200% bonus to attacks to the head, 25% armor penetration, hitting the head can cause a poisoning effect. At the start of a battle, opponents won’t see you for a few seconds.
- How to get one: Start the ‘Run This Town’ quest, which is unlocked after completing the ‘Firestarter’ quest. Mr. Hands will give you a revolver at the start of the mission.
Smart weapon that stops criminals
- Oddities: hits to the cyber limbs can disable them. This will immobilize the enemy and increase the chance of dealing critical damage.
- How to get one: enter the top floor of the Heavy Hearts club. The weapon is in the VIP room of the local prosecutor.
The shotgun is an excellent choice for gunfights in narrow corridors and at close range. It won’t be easy to dodge pellets in tight spaces, so you can easily deal with even a large group of opponents. True, already at an average distance the effectiveness of this type of firearm decreases, so a hunting rifle can only be a supplementary and not the main type of weapon.
Energy rifle Alabai (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 85% bonus damage on successful headshots, 25% armor penetration, 10% burn chance. Hits against enemies who have suffered a burn are always critical.
- How to get one: complete the mission “Airdrop”.
The assault rifle remains effective at all types of distances, so it could well become your main weapon in Cyberpunk 2077. However, we recommend that you do not limit yourself to just one machine gun, but buy an excellent sniper. With its help you can eliminate opponents while they do not see you, and shoot at long distances.
Rasetsu Energy Sniper Rifle (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 200% bonus to headshot damage, 50% armor penetration. Charged shots pierce obstacles and enemies. If necessary, you can plot a trajectory and hit multiple opponents at the same time.
- How to get one: as a reward for completing the quest “You Know My Name”.
Hawk power assault rifle (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 25% bonus to armor penetration, and headshot increases damage by 175%. Headshots weaken opponents: they can no longer use special abilities, attack less effectively and may lose their balance.
- How to get one: During the Lucretia My Reflection mission, wait for the heroes to leave the hideout and then return there. The gun will be close to the wall.
Energy machine gun Wild Dog (Phantom Liberty)
- Oddities: 85% bonus to headbutt damage, 25% armor penetration. Repeatedly attacking the same body part increases the rate of fire and the chance of a critical attack. Deal massive damage in close combat.
- How to get one: During the Firestarter mission, help Reed capture Songbird and then shoot Colonel Hansen. Search his corpse and take the machine gun.
Source: VG Times
Christina Moncayo is a contributing writer for “Social Bites”. Her focus is on the gaming industry and she provides in-depth coverage of the latest news and trends in the world of gaming.