In the character creation phase Starfield will ask you to choose the future hero’s traits and his backstory. This is a solution that will unlock valuable skills. In this guide, we will tell you about the most useful bonuses that you can get even before you start playing the game.
Best Features in Starfield
Traits offer special bonuses in exchange for certain penalties. For example, you can get a house from the very beginning of the game, but you regularly pay a mortgage for it. We recommend that you pay attention to other possible characteristics of your hero.
The best feature the game has. This allows you to do more damage when your health is low. This skill can save your life in a critical situation. You even have the right to specifically lower your health bar to become more lethal. From time to time you will be attacked by bounty hunters, but dealing with them will not be difficult.
Extrovert or introvert
This choice determines in which case oxygen consumption will be lower. “Introvert” reduces air waste when traveling alone, and “Extrovert” – with partners. It all depends solely on your playing style.
Enlightened parenting or Universal parenting
You will gain access to a chest containing unique resources in the Sanctum universe in New Atlantis. This bonus makes it easier to progress early.
All available properties in Starfield
And if you want a different option or want to experiment with your character build, check out the full list of available traits.
- Dream house. You will have a house at your disposal. For this you must pay 500 credits every week until you have covered the loan of 125,000 credits.
- Children’s things. Analogous to the previous function. You can return to your parents’ house, but you will regularly pay them 2% of your income.
- Hero worshipped. You are being stalked by an annoying fan. He will be able to help you in battle, but he will have time to irritate your nerves with endless conversations.
- Spread. Your vitality level and oxygen supply will increase in space, but decrease on the surface of the planet.
- Terra Firma (Terra Firma). The opposite of the previous property. The health scale and air supply on the planet will be higher than the standard value, but lower in space.
- United Colonies Native. Rewards for completing tasks from this faction will be increased. Additionally, you have access to unique lines in dialogues. However, if other associations prey on you, the fine will be higher than the standard fine.
- Neon street rat. Similar to the previous feature, but for Neon.
- Resident of the Freestar Collective Settler. A feature similar to the previous two, but for the Free Stars faction.
- Alien DNA. Your vitality meter and oxygen supply will be increased, but food and medicine will be less effective.
- Empathetic. If your partner likes your actions, his sympathy for you will grow faster. However, if you upset an ally, you will further damage your relationship with them.
- The embrace of the snake. Gravity jumps increase your vitality and oxygen supply for a while. However, you will have to use them often, otherwise your health and air volume will decrease.
- Taskmaster. If your ship takes damage greater than 50% of its total strength, the spaceship will be automatically repaired. However, to hire a team you have to pay twice as much.
Please note that not all properties are compatible with each other. For example, you can only choose one faction and you cannot be both introverted and extroverted.
The best backstories in Starfield
Backstories allow you to gain additional skills at the beginning of the game. This is a good bonus that is relevant early in the game. Later you can upgrade all skills. We’ve talked about it in more detail in a separate guide. Of the character’s backstories, we’ve highlighted the most useful ones. The choice depends on your playing style.
The optimal choice for those who prefer to solve all problems in shootouts on their own. ‘Ballistics’ allows you to do more damage with ballistic weapons, and ‘Fitness’ increases your oxygen supply and reduces the energy cost of sprinting. This gives you an advantage during battles.
This option is suitable for those who want to become more effective during battles in space. The skill “Piloting” gives access to higher level ships, while “Targeting Control Systems” allows you to shoot and board individual elements of enemy spaceships. A pleasant bonus is the “Boost Pack Training”, which reduces fuel consumption and accelerates recovery.
file not found
The choice for those who want to be a universal warrior, who can fight both in space and alone. You receive Ballistics, Piloting and Wellness, which increases your vitality by 10%.
Not a bad option for those who want to follow the path of a thief. “Theft” provides the opportunity to become a pickpocket, and “Stealth” (Stealth) allows you to switch to stealth mode, adds a detection scale and increases damage from shooting with silenced weapons by 25%.
Background for those who want to get rich early in the game. The Commerce skill allows you to buy items cheaper and sell them more expensive. Wellness increases your vitality bar. In theory, a skill called ‘Persuasion’ allows you to convince NPCs, but in practice this doesn’t always work.
All available wallpapers in Starfield
- Explorer. Skills: “Astrodynamics” – increasing the range of gravity jumps, reducing fuel consumption; “Lasers” – laser weapons will do more damage; “Geodesy” (surveying) – manual scanning works at greater distances and the zoom function opens.
- Combat medicine. Skills: “Wellness”, increasing the health scale; “Pistol Certification” – increased damage from pistols; “Medicine” – increases the effectiveness of first aid kits.
- Bouncer. Skills: “Fitness” – increase air reserve and reduce air consumption; “Sparring” (boxing) – increased damage from attacks with bare hands and reduced endurance for such actions; “Security” – the ability to crack complex locks.
- Homesteader (settler). Skills: “Geodesy” (surveying) – manual scanning works at greater distances, the zoom function opens, “Geology” (geology) – you find more materials on the surfaces of planets; “Weightlifting” – increasing lifting capacity.
- Sculptor. Skills: “Medicine” – increasing the effectiveness of first aid kits; “Geology” – you will find more resources on the surfaces of planets; “Persuasion” – the ability to negotiate with NPCs.
- Beast Hunter. Skills: “Ballistics” – increased damage from ballistic weapons; “Gastronomy” – which allows you to prepare higher quality food; “Fitness” – increasing oxygen supply and reducing oxygen consumption.
- Cybernetics (cyberneticist). Skills: “Medicine” – increasing the effectiveness of first aid kits; “Lasers” – laser weapons will do more damage; “Security” – the ability to crack complex locks.
- Chief. Skills: “Gastronomy” (Gastronomy) – the ability to prepare products of higher quality, “Disposal” (cleaning up) – you will find more items in containers; “Dueling” – increases your damage and reduces enemy melee attacks.
- Industrial. Skills: “Security” – the ability to crack complex locks; “Persuasion” – the ability to negotiate with NPCs; “Research methods” – reducing the cost of various research at stations.
- Gangster. Skills: “Sparring” (boxing) – increases damage from blows with bare hands and reduces the stamina reserve for such actions; “Theft” – the opportunity to become a pickpocket; Shotgun Certification – Increases shotgun damage.
- Xenobiologist. Skills: “Lasers” – increased damage from laser weapons; “Geodesy” (Surveying) – manual scanning works at a greater distance, a zoom function appears, “Fitness” (Fitness) – increases reserve and reduces air consumption;
- Space villain. Skills: “Persuasion” – the ability to negotiate with NPCs; “Pistol Certification” – increases pistol damage; “Pilooting” – unlocking access to higher level ships.
- Ronin. Skills: “Dueling” – increasing damage and reducing enemy attacks in melee; “Recycling” (cleaning up) – you will find more resources in containers; “Stealth” – the ability to switch to stealth mode, the appearance of a detection scale and an increase in damage from firing weapons with a silencer by 25%.
- Long distance runner. Skills: Ballistic Weapon Systems – increasing the ballistic damage of starship guns; “Piloting” – access to high-level control of ships; “Weightlifting” – increasing the maximum tolerated weight.
- Professor. Skills: “Research Methods” – reduced price for research at stations; Astrodynamics – increasing the range of gravity jumps, reducing fuel consumption when performing them; Geology – You find more materials on the surfaces of planets.
- Pilgrim. Skills: “Gastronomy” – the ability to prepare products of higher quality; “Recycling” (cleaning up) – you will find more resources in containers; “Geodesy” (surveying) – manual scanning begins to work at greater distances and a zoom function appears.
Source: VG Times
Christina Moncayo is a contributing writer for “Social Bites”. Her focus is on the gaming industry and she provides in-depth coverage of the latest news and trends in the world of gaming.