A fire broke out in a residential building in Neftekamsk due to overload of the power grid. According to this Ministry of Emergencies In one of the apartments on Energetikov Street, a computer connected to an extension cord that also powered other electrical devices caught fire, the Republic of Belarus reported.
It was noted that a computer, two monitors, a router, a phone charger, an electric shaver and a speaker system were connected to the extension cable. The owner of the apartment left the house “literally for an hour”, leaving all the appliances unattended. The fire occurred in his absence.
The fire damaged computer equipment, tables and wallpaper, and caused smoke to form in the room. While rescue teams evacuated 6 people from the building, 14 people left their homes. It was learned that there was no loss of life as a result of the fire.
The cause of the fire was violation of fire safety rules when using electrical appliances. The Ministry of Emergencies of the Republic of Belarus reminds citizens that precautions should be taken when connecting multiple devices to a single power source and that they should not be left turned on unattended.
Previously in Moscow flight attendants put out the fire The passenger’s smartphone caught fire.
Jackson Ruhl is a tech and sci-fi expert, who writes for “Social Bites”. He brings his readers the latest news and developments from the world of technology and science fiction.