President of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) Stanislav Pozdnyakov answered the question about possible withdrawal from the International Olympic Committee (IOC). His words are quoted TASS.
“To be honest, I don’t see the point of any drastic action to exit or enter. “We are a self-sufficient part of a large sports system and we will develop in accordance with the conditions of the day and most importantly, we will not stand still, we will create new conditions for development, this is a priority for us,” he said. Pozdnyakov said:
At the end of February 2022, the International Olympic Committee issued a call to international sports federations and recommended that Russian and Belarusian athletes not be allowed to participate in any competitions.
At the meeting of the IOC Executive Committee on March 28, 2023, it was proposed to allow the Russians to remain in neutral status if the athletes are not actively involved in supporting military operations.
Previously reportedHe said the PRC filed a lawsuit against the IOC over the debt.