The head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell, said the European Union would impose very harsh sanctions on Iran due to its supply and so-called “military supply” situation to Russia. The diplomat said this when he arrived at the meeting of the EU Council, held at the level of foreign ministers of the countries of the union. TASS.
“We will take every possible step to support Iranian women and peaceful protests,” Borrell said.
The head of European diplomacy stated that the sanctions, which Brussels will approve on 12 December, will be applied simultaneously for humanitarian reasons and with the attitude towards the Ukraine crisis.
The West has repeatedly claimed that the Iranian authorities are supplying Russia with drones that can be used against Ukraine. Tehran and Moscow have repeatedly denied these reports. Thus, previously the Russian Embassy in London categorically rejected Statements by British Foreign Secretary James Cleverley, who, after US representatives, accused the Russian Federation and Iran of making some “shameful” deals in the context of the Ukraine crisis.
“I spoke to the Iranian minister, socialbites.ca, on Friday, December 9th, Iran continues to claim that it does not supply drones to Russia and does not intend to supply missiles. Let’s see,” said Borrell.
The diplomat stressed that the EU condemns both executions in Iran amid a wave of protests. According to preliminary information, Brussels plans to blacklist several Iranian citizens and organizations for this country.
Mass riots and protests have continued in Iran since mid-September over the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini after being detained by a deputy police officer. Residents of the country blamed the government for Mahsa’s death.