The UN Relief Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) said 88 UN personnel have died in the Gaza Strip since the war broke out between the radical Palestinian movement Hamas and Israel. The relevant publication was published at: Web site organizations.
The document cites the largest UN casualties ever recorded in a single conflict.
Previously reported approximately 79 UNRWA personnel were killed.
UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs Martin Griffiths, World Health Organization (WHO) President Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Executive Director Catherine Russell and others made the call once again in their joint statement. The release of hostages taken by the radical Palestinian movement Hamas and the ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.
The situation in the Middle East has worsened since thousands of Hamas militants infiltrated Israel from the Gaza Strip on October 7. More than two hundred hostages were captured.
Hamas movement today launched Several thousand rockets were fired at Israel and the launch of Operation Al-Aqsa Flood was announced. In response, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that the country was at war.
The Israel Defense Forces operation was called “Iron Swords” and one of its goals was the destruction of Hamas. Israeli Air Force applied Hundreds of Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip were attacked, and Israel’s National Security Council decided to cut off the supply of water, food, goods, electricity and fuel to the strip.
13 October Israel reported The UN said 1.1 million Palestinians should be evacuated to southern Gaza within 24 hours before a ground operation in Gaza.
Former Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu promised to destroy It is Hamas.