US Attorney General approves search of Trump’s mansion

United States Attorney General, Merrick WreathIt granted permission to search the residence of former President Donald Trump in Florida last Monday, and this Thursday it sought permission from a court in the south of that state to make that order public.

In a brief statement that he did not accept questions, Garland defended the legality of the search and noted: Such decisions are not taken “lightly”.

He explained that whenever possible, the media was chosen”less intrusive” As an alternaive.

A search warrant is authorized by a federal court, and the property inventory is a document required by federal law. law enforcement leave the owner of the place.

The first person to report the raid on his Florida mansion was Trump himself on his social networks. “It’s your right“said the attorney general, according to which lawyers for the former Republican president (2017-2021) received a copy of the FBI inventory and search warrant the same day.

Garland stressed that adherence to the rule of law is the “fundamental principle” of the Department of Justice and American democracy. No one is above the law.

“Maintaining the rule of law means applying the law uniformly without fear or favor. Under my watch, that’s just it. Justice DepartmentHe said in his brief television intervention, in which he criticizes attacks and threats against the forces of the establishment.

Trump’s home searched Palm Beach He was trying to recover national security documents the former president had kept from federal agents during a meeting in June, when the FBI had already seized more material under a court order.

This is pointed out by several US media such as the following. CNN Y New York Times, cites sources familiar with the case.

The paper cites two men who stayed at Trump’s residence and assured him that he should not take it from the White House. “very sensitive” It’s on national security issues that the Justice Department has to take action this week.

While Garland did not elaborate on the reason for the search, the US media pointed out that it was related to the investigation launched at the beginning of the year and requested by the US. National Archives To recover the documents Trump took.

Christina Bobb, one of the former president’s attorneys, said in several interviews this week. From the Sea to the Lake when the raid took place and the FBI took about twelve boxes from the residence.

Throughout this Thursday, before and after Garland’s appearance, Trump limited himself to blame. social networks to former President Barack Obama for taking documents with him when he left office.

“What happened to the 30 million-page document that Barack Hussein Obama received from the White House? Chicago? Refused to give them back! What’s going on? This action strongly contradicted the National Archives. Will they break into Obama’s mansion? Martha’s Vineyard“?” he snapped.

According to Trump, Obama sent 30 million pages More than five years after his administration to Chicago and the end of his presidency with the promise of digitization and eventual bringing it online, the National Archives website “reveals that no pages have been digitized or published.”

Source: Informacion

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Popular

More from author