Brussels bombing trial continues after jury verdict

Jjudgment for attacks 22 March 2016 in Brussels32 people were killed and 300 injured in two attacks on the airport and metro station in the city. restarted this monday Following a popular jury’s decision, which was made public on July 25.

Monday’s hearing began with debate on closing remarks and penalties responsible for the attacks.

A Belgian jury on 25 July Six of those charged with the attacks, including Salah Abdeslam, were found guilty of murder and attempted terrorism murderThe only survivors of the Paris attacks in 2015 are Mohamed Abrini, Osama Krayem, Ali Al Haddad Asufi, Bilal Al Makhoukhi, and Osama Atar, who is thought to have died in Syria in 2017 and allegedly the ringleader of the conspiracy he was tried in absentia.

The federal prosecutor’s office said on Monday, “Very heavy” penalties will be demanded for those responsible for the attacks.

Prosecutor Paule Somers evaluated “It is normal to condemn in the strongest terms those who attack our entire society with terrorist motives” According to the Belgian news agency, “victims experience the consequences of their actions every day,” he said.

“They are the real and only martyrs of these events. They are the ones who lead a real obstacle course. They need to survive, relearn to live, find a new place in society,” the prosecutor said.

The two federal prosecutors began their indictment by saying that each of the eight defendants influenced the sentence they believed the jury and court should impose.

The maximum penalty for the six people found guilty of the attacks will be: life imprisonmentHe noted the French-speaking Belgian radio television RTBF.

Mohammed AbriniBelgian-Moroccan origin, also You risk losing your citizenship.

The civil court now has to consider the request of Salah Abdeslam’s lawyers, who want the transfer of their client from Belgium to France to be declared illegal and that Abdeslam be allowed to serve his sentence in Belgium.

this decision It will be clear in “a few weeks”According to the news of RTL television.

On July 25, the jury acquitted the other two defendants in the attacks (Sofien Ayari and Hervé Bayingana Muhirwa) of assault charges, but found them guilty of membership in the terrorist group.

Source: Informacion

Popular

More from author

Kennedy Jr. apologizes to nanny who accused him of harassment 14:47

US presidential candidate Robert Kennedy Jr. has apologized to his former nanny who claimed she had previously abused him. The publication reports Washington PostHe...

Another Russian company wins case against Euroclear 14:28

Arbitration Court of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Region upholds VTB’s claim against Euroclear. $38.4 million recovered from European warehouse card indexes arbitration cases. The Russian...

The head of a city in the Perm region, accused of attending a swinger party, is extorting money 14:37

The mayor of the city of Osa in the Perm Territory began to extort money on charges of shaking. In this regard reports mk.ru. The...