The cancellation of the Soyuz-2.1a rocket’s launch with a crew during the countdown phase was the first in Russian manned space exploration. This was stated by historian Alexander Zheleznyakov, who quoted his words. RIA News.
“Right when the countdown started, when the five-minute lead time was announced, it looks like it never happened,” he said.
A TASS source reported that the crew was evacuated from the ship alive and well after the launch was aborted.
“The beams of the launch complex were destroyed and the crew was evacuated from the spacecraft,” the statement said.
March 21 reportedIt was stated that the launch of the Soyuz rocket carrying the Soyuz MS-25 spacecraft was cancelled. Cosmonauts from around the world, including the first Belarusian cosmonaut, were expected to take off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome and reach the International Space Station.
After this NASA reportedThe engines of the Soyuz-2.1A rocket did not turn on at the required time.
at the end of february recognizedIt was stated that when Belarusian cosmonauts were scheduled to arrive at the station on the Soyuz MS-25 spacecraft, the ISS orbit was raised by 3 km for the spring shift change of the Soyuz spacecraft.
Previously reportedIt is stated that China successfully launched a relay satellite to explore the Moon.