developers Final Fantasy XVI has been interviewed by several major publications to talk about the upcoming RPG. Author of Twitter account Nibel collected all the details in one thread.
- Final Fantasy XVI won’t have an open world, but the developers promise huge locations to maintain a sense of scale;
- The story of the main character Clive is divided into three time periods: childhood, 20s and 30s;
- Most likely, Clive will be the only controllable character. AI is responsible for companions;
- One of Clive’s companions may be the wolf Torgal. Soon the authors will delve deeper into the party system;
- The combat system will be noticeably different from the previous parts. In this way the authors want to attract a new audience;
- The game shows the battles of huge summoned creatures – eikons. Each of these battles involves several phases;
- For beating the eikon, the player unlocks a skill tree. It is believed that at some point Clive himself may turn into an eikon.
A new trailer for Final Fantasy XVI will be officially released this fall. Remember that the game will be released in the summer of 2023. Perhaps the biggest drain on GTA 6 has arrived here
Source: VG Times