The announcement took place on March 22, 2023 Counter-Strike 2 is a new version of the legendary multiplayer shooter. In this guide, we tell you everything we know about the game so far.
Counter-Strike 2 is a free upgrade for it CS:GO, which port the game to the new Source 2 engine and add many new features to the game. Some will be cosmetic while others will directly affect gameplay.
How to Participate in the Counter-Strike 2 Closed Beta Test
Testing began on March 22, 2023. Although it will take place behind closed doors, all users will have a chance to win a coveted invite. To do this, you must have Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in your library.
The choice of accounts to access the Counter-Strike 2 beta is based on many factors. Among them: the status of the account, trust in the user, the launch of games on official Valve servers recently and much more. If you play CS:GO and do not use cheats, then most likely you will receive an invitation in the main menu of this game.
In addition, it is recommended to check the integrity of the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive file cache. Do the following:
- Open your Steam account library.
- Find CS:GO.
- Right-click on the game icon.
- Select an item “Characteristics”.
- Open the menu “Local Files”.
- Click on the line “Check the integrity of the cache”.
If you received an invitation, the algorithm of your actions:
- Launch CS:GO.
- Click the Subscribe button to download the second sharing client.
- Click the Restricted Test icon.
After that, you will be taken to the testing of Counter-Strike 2. If there was no invitation, then you just have to wait for the next phase of the beta test.
How smoking mechanics will change in Counter-Strike 2
Smokescreens first appeared in early versions of Counter-Strike and became an important part of the game. But users have often complained that they don’t work as they should. Valve listened to the players and radically changed the smoke mechanics in Counter-Strike 2.
For example, in the past there were situations where some players saw through the veil and others did not. Now this will not happen. The smoke becomes completely impenetrable. However, it can be dispelled with shots or grenade throws. In CS:GO, the curtain was static and did not react to the actions of the players.
It can also be noted that smoke will eventually spread throughout the room and enter through windows, doors and other openings. This should be considered before throwing smoke.
What other innovations await players in Counter-Strike 2
The structure of the game will not change globally. As before, all users will be divided into terrorists and counter-terrorists. The first team tries to detonate a bomb or hold hostages, and the second tries to prevent an explosion or withdraw civilians, depending on the map. In addition, the round ends when all fighters in one of the units are killed.
The main innovations of the second part compared to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive:
- The shadows of the adversaries have become clearer;
- The player sees his own shadow and legs;
- Many classic maps are built from scratch, so they look different; The new level design will definitely need some tweaking;
- There was an adaptive sight that follows the trajectory of bullets;
- Shooting feels smoother and more responsive;
- On private servers and in custom modes, an indicator of the grenade’s flight path appears. It will not be available in ranked matches;
- The fire from the Molotov cocktail is amplified by grenades exploding nearby;
- Throwing weapons will be able to fly higher and further, and not crash into a conditional “ceiling”;
- The scope of a sniper rifle is not increased by holding the mouse button, but by double-clicking;
- The places where bullets hit the walls are now visible from afar;
- If a bullet hits a person, a pool of blood will remain on the floor or wall, which will dry out over time;
- Thanks to the new particle system, shots, explosions, water behavior and much more look much better;
- The interface has been completely redesigned. Thanks to him, you will receive more important game information than before.
When will the release of Counter-Strike 2
At this time, the game’s release date has not yet been announced. According to rumors, the release will take place in the summer of 2023. We’ll keep an eye on the news and will update this guide as reliable information becomes available.
Source: VG Times
Christina Moncayo is a contributing writer for “Social Bites”. Her focus is on the gaming industry and she provides in-depth coverage of the latest news and trends in the world of gaming.