The sedan was the first to hit the market, in 2017 the station wagon (SW).
Later, both bodies received a raised version of the cross (distance 203 from the base 178 mm).
A restyling at the end of 2019 has refreshed the list of possible equipment. A modification with an H4M engine and a CVT was released, as well as a Vesta Sport sedan with upgraded to 145 hp. engine 1.8.
- Reasonable price, cheap service.
- Energy-intensive suspension, good road holding.
- Spacious and comfortable interior, large trunk.
- Well prepared for frost.
The trunk of the car is the same in volume as that of the sedan – officially 480 liters under the curtain. Nevertheless, in the secondary market for a station wagon they ask for 40-50 thousand rubles more.
- Unstable build quality, not very durable color.
- Low resource of many components.
- Squeaking, bumping and rattling are inevitable.
Basic 1.6 (VAZ‑21129, 106 hp) is the easiest and right choice. The main ailments are related to malfunctions of related systems – mainly the thermostat and ignition coils. Sometimes it is necessary to clean the throttle, jets and crankcase ventilation valve. Knocks are usually emitted by hydraulic lifters. Since the summer of 2018, plug-in pistons have been mounted on the engine. The timing belt will last 150,000 miles or more, but the rollers and the water pump it drives can’t withstand that much.
Engine 1.8 (21179, 122 hp) is made of the same block (enlarged piston stroke), but more complex in design. Notably, a phase shifter, a different timing belt tensioning system, lightweight valves, pistons and connecting rods were added, and a variable-length intake manifold was abandoned.
In fact, it is no more problematic than 1.6, except for an unreliable oil pump, a clear tendency to oil burn and a guaranteed “stick” in the event of a broken belt. The maintainability is also high.
The Renault H4M engine (also known as Nissan HR16DE, 113 hp) with timing chain also actively eats oil over the years. In the cold there are problems with starting. But the source is higher than that of the VAZ. And the biggest disadvantage is that it is not combined with a manual gearbox on Vesta.
The Renault JH3 mechanical five-speed has been used for about a year, there are no questions about it. Since late 2016, the classic VAZ mechanics are gone – forever howling, but quite viable.
The role of the automaton was played by a robot (AMT), created on the basis of the same mechanics. The first samples destroyed the clutches in batches, after a series of upgrades the problem became less acute, but the AMT still hummed, vibrated and was eventually stopped.
It was replaced by the Jatco JF015E variator, available only in combination with a “reno” engine, which significantly increased the cost of the design. By itself, it is also not a standard for reliability and longevity – even after regular and continuous upgrades. Grilling can start with 50 thousand km, with 100 thousand they are almost guaranteed, and the total resource of the unit is about 150 thousand km.
- The list of “big sores” is long, but there is no suspension that can go 100 thousand km without serious intervention. While there are separate complaints about the quality of the rear shock absorbers and ball joints, there are massive complaints about creaking bushings and knocking anti-roll bars.
- Sometimes brake pads do not last long (discs – up to 100 thousand km), the exhaust system quickly rusts, turn signals in mirror housings die, glass is quickly scratched, the electronic accelerator, multimedia and rear view camera fail. The list is not final.
Euro NCAP: test was not performed
The largest offer on the secondary market: sedan 1.6, manual transmission
Best choice: 1.6 station wagon, manual transmission
For the same money: Renault Logan, Kia Rio, Hyundai Solaris, Volkswagen Polo, Lifan Solano
- We have collected here 8 good sedans that are cheaper than a million rubles.
- We know exactly what a car enthusiast needs and offer it at the best conditions! Car accessories “Behind the wheel” – the choice of experts!
- “Behind the wheel” can also be read on VKontakte.
Source: Z R