A new draft order for traffic enforcement has appeared on the website Regulation.gov.ru. These rules have not changed in five years and are already obsolete.
“The procedure has been developed taking into account the analysis of problematic issues arising in the implementation of the monitoring of compliance with the requirements of the law by road users, as well as proposals from the traffic police departments at the regional level,” the statement said. . comment on the project says.
1. The main change from previous projects is the rejection of the idea of secret patrols, where plainclothes inspectors could work on cars without a color scheme, while drafting protocols. In the new version, plainclothes inspectors can monitor traffic, but they must pass information about offenders to uniformed traffic police units and to official cars, who will draw up a protocol.
2. At the same time, there was an important clarification: when monitoring traffic in a civilian car, inspectors are prohibited from “taking actions that force road users to break traffic rules”.
3. Inspectors, like all police officers, are also given the right to open cars in the interest of the safety of citizens and in the event of riots, calamities, with the risk of terrorist attacks and the arrest of suspects.
4. Even the document banned inspectors from using drivers’ phones.
5. As for the documents for conducting raids, drivers can now only get acquainted with them at the traffic police, and not on the road.
6. During the evacuation of the car, the inspector must be nearby until the tow truck loads the vehicle and starts driving. This is necessary so that the suddenly returned owner can collect his car from the tow truck.
7. When removing a driver from operating a vehicle outside a populated area, inspectors are required to “help” the offender so that he can get to the nearest town.
8. An immediate prohibition (instead of an abstention order) is introduced for all expressions of a discriminatory or biased nature towards the driver and passengers.
Source: Z R